Moran's I - what does it all mean?

Hello there everyone!

I'm having a tough time understanding the components on Moran's I, I understand it is used for autocorrelation. But when I have a randomization graph output at 999 permutations, I do not understand how to interpret the results.

Can anyone help in explaining what the following mean after Moran's I has been applied to a set of data?

p-value, I, E(I), Mean, and Standard Deviation

Appreciate any input, thanks!

p-value: the p-value is the probability of obtaining a result at least as extreme as a given data point. In other words, it's the chance of seeing a result at least as much as the value which you are looking for when testing a specific element... I think.

Mean: usually means the arithmetic mean (the average). In this context though, the mean is the value you'd expect to receive if looking at some member of the testing population. It's really the same thing as the average, it's just a refinement of the concept is all. Basically, it's the "best bet" to make, without knowing anything else about the sample, on what value you will receive.

Standard Deviation: is basically the distance of the data point from the overall mean of the set of data. How far away the data point is from the population mean.

No clue on I or E(I).