Need a Software Recommendation for Time Series Analysis and Oracle Database

Help!!

I am an entry-level professional with a degree in Mathematics. My new position is in the transportation logistics field, and I am the "math" expert in my office. I am FAR from an expert and the majority of my data analysis and modeling experience was using excel.

I have been asked to do a time-series analysis on our data. It is a VERY large data set containing millions of records. I am looking for recommendations on software to use to perform my analysis. I tried R, but I have not been able to get a working connection to the oracle database and had difficulties finding any online help for it :(. I did come across many posts that indicate R and Oracle are not a great combination.

Thanks for your help and ideas!

trinker

ggplot2orBust
R can handle this data set but you'll probably want to invest in an R sql interface and the data.table package. Possible sql packages include:

Code:
install.packages(c("RODBC","DBI","sqldf"))
I don't know what Oracle is but can you tell us what it does and is this a necessity in your workflow?

Oracle is the relational database that our company currently uses. I used the RODBC package, and I had some issues getting everything set up correctly(now resolved), I found I had to reinstall ODBC drivers for Oracle as well. It doesn't appear that I need an additional sql package yet, but I will keep that in mind should/when I run into more issues.

trinker

ggplot2orBust
Oh I missed the second post of yours. Sorry. If you've solved it you can check this thread as solved by going to the thread tools toold bar at the top of the thread and marked the thread as solved.