New guy that has a demonstrated appreciate for Statistics and its role in society.

Hello there,

I'm currently a Banking and Finance senior (graduating this August). My name is Ben. It's really nice to meet you and I hope to talk more with everyone here as I learn more and more about Statistics.

I'm on my third Statistics course (Applied Regression) and am specifically interested in Statistics-based Finance. I really never realized before taking upper level Finance classes how important Statistics is to the field.

I used to always shy away from Mathematics and for a period of a week I was a French major (go figure). However, since that fateful day two years ago, I've decided to take as much Statistics/Mathematics as my brain will allow. I want to learn more Statistics for fun and to further my career prospects down the road.

spunky

Can't make spagetti
Re: New guy that has a demonstrated appreciate for Statistics and its role in society

I used to always shy away from Mathematics and for a period of a week I was a French major (go figure).
Welcome! And don't feel bad... for a while I thought I was going to be a clinical psychologist **gasp**

Re: New guy that has a demonstrated appreciate for Statistics and its role in society

Clinical psychologist? I could use one of those ;)

Error in the title. Appreciation not Appreciate.