Newbie ...stats analysis of research survey using excel

Epy

I am doing my Masters having not done any stats for 34 years , so I would like your help

I have undertaken by survey , I have codified by data into numerical data by assigning a number to male or female , and age groups

I am through the basics such as counting the data doing the graphs , working out mean , median mode and standard deviation.

i feel i need to take it to the next level , so I am going to attempt correlation and Chi squared

Question 1

My third question is one where participants have to rank 5 objectives with number one being the most importunate and number 5 being the least important

I want to try to assess the correlation between age and the choice of ranking or years or membership and their choice of ranking

A B C D
Data (Gender) age years of membership ranking of first statement

1 1 1 1
2 1 1 1
1 3 2 2
2 3 2 3

What i want to understand is whether the age of the participant(b) had an impact on ranking of the first statement ?

Question 1:Is this approach correct ?

Do the chi squared to understand if there is a relationship between age and ranking of the first statement ?

If there is a null relationship then stop , if there is a relationship

Then do correlation and regression to understand the nature of the relationship ?

Question 2

Chi squared

CHITEST(R1,R2)

slightly confused about how what to include here

R1 = years of membership ( column C )

R2 .... do i need to convert the ranking into something else ?

Ok I have more questions but that is the starting point

Thank you

EPY