Nine variable - Looking for a relationship

Nope, not a dating advert, just looking for advise on some stats.

I have 9 variables and looking to see if a relationship exists. Looking at histograms a lot of the data is skewed and are negative

So, my question is, would I be better off just doing it as a non-parametric analysis?

hlsmith

Omega Contributor
Provide more information please. So you have 9 continuous variables and you want to see if there is a relationship between any pairwise comparisons of any 2 of them, correct.

You can just create a correlation matrix, probably use Spearman rank correlation if they are skewed. Remember is you look at enough variable combinations, so will come-up significant by chance (e.g. 5%), so of your 28 comparisons expect some chance.

Provide more information please. So you have 9 continuous variables and you want to see if there is a relationship between any pairwise comparisons of any 2 of them, correct.

You can just create a correlation matrix, probably use Spearman rank correlation if they are skewed. Remember is you look at enough variable combinations, so will come-up significant by chance (e.g. 5%), so of your 28 comparisons expect some chance.
There are yes/no questionnaires
Likert scale questionnaires
and measures taken over fixed time periods and performance on other tasks being measured on a scale.

So there are quite a few tasks and different measures.

Then of course I am having data such as (data attached) being thrown in to make things
slightly more complicated

The use of scatterplots would be beneficial.

Used something different due to the relatively small sample size (N=60) so thought it might be a bit difficult to see any relationship using a scatterplot (not that I would see one using a histogram, but wanted to see if I could use pearsons or non-parametric alternative).