normal distribution

Hello

I have two separate population (sick/ not sick), that I wanted to check if a specific variable (cognitive variable- general mind wandering score) is distributed normally - in those populations- and distribution in both populations was normal.

Now- in the mind wandering variable there are four levels (1-very concrete, 2, 3- still connect to the stimulus but there is expansion of it , 4- mind wandering) every participant has a score for every level.
so, I wanted to do a mix anova (dependent variable: percentage of every level of mind wandering (1,2,3,4- inbetween subjects), indepenet variable :sick/ not - between subjects.

The thing is that when I check the distribution per level of Mind Wandering (1,2,3,4)- it is not normal.

If I know, as I mentioned above that in the general score of this variable, the population distribute normally, can I continue to the mix anove test even though, in the different levels of this variable the distribution is not normal?

Thank you
Tal

It takes an average weekday commute of 39 minutes with a Standard Deviation of 7 minutes for the employees to get to work when they use their personal vehicles for their office commute while management set a policy of not more than 40 minutes for their daily one-way commute.For the employees choosing to increase their chances to come on time using personal transportation their variation should be reduced to ___________?

A. 1 minute
B. 6 minutes
C. 3.5 minutes
D. Eliminate it to 0.0 minutes

The answer is C.

I have used the Z score in solving this question and my answer is A. Anyone knows how to get C as the answer? Thanks for your help!

please, don't write your question as response to mine, open a new subject, because now- I won't get an answer to mine, and it's not nice. Thank you

please, don't write your question as response to mine, open a new subject, because now- I won't get an answer to mine, and it's not nice. Thank you
My apologies. I am new here and was looking for a place to post. Will re-post it some where else.

Karabiner

TS Contributor
If I know, as I mentioned above that in the general score of this variable, the population distribute normally, can I continue to the mix anove test even though, in the different levels of this variable the distribution is not normal?
If your sample size is large enough (n > 30), normality is not a necessary
condition, AFAIK.

With kind regards

K.