Percentage change of dependent variable (MLR)

Greetings,

I went through SPSS regression analysis of a certain dataset, tested assumptions, and finally I got a multiple regression model: y=292.953+9.548x_1+14.982x_3+8.907x_5+16.808x_7

Now suppose that next year x_1 is expected to increase by 50% (other assumed to stay the same). I am asked to estimate an effect on y. What is the best way to tackle this problem?

Thank you in advance.

hlsmith

Omega Contributor
Do you know how to get the predicted value of y given the model you presented. Well you could times the value of X1 by 1.5. Do you want to tell us more about the model variables?

Do you know how to get the predicted value of y given the model you presented. Well you could times the value of X1 by 1.5. Do you want to tell us more about the model variables?
Sure I did it, but then I decided to approach the task in the following way. I randomly assign values within a 95% CI of the mean and subsequently multiply x1 by 1.5 and compare both results. Y increases by 23-25% on average. Should be valid approach. What do you think?

Sure I did it, but then I decided to approach the task in the following way. I randomly assign values within a 95% CI of the mean and subsequently multiply x1 by 1.5 and compare both results. Y increases by 23-25% on average. Should be valid approach. What do you think?
I think it is wrong. Why should it be "valid"?