Please help!

Admittedly, I am not so good at stats, so forgive me if these seem like stupid questions. I am working on a Ph.D. in cell/molecular biology, studying the effects of a gene mutation. In my experiments, I have a number of variables and I am attempting to discern how I should analyze my data. I vary:

1. Genotype: a cell can have 0, 1, or 2 functional copies of my gene
2. Sex: obviously, male or female
3. Treatment: I treat my cells with two different chemicals at four different concentrations of each alone and in combination, making for 16 different treatments.

So, if I understand correctly, I need to run a 4 way ANOVA (genotype, sex, treatment 1, treatment 2). Is this correct? Also, does anyone have a suggestion of good software to tackle this problem?

Thanks for the insight! :)

E

elnaz

Hello
please , tell me your aim about your data
you should tell me whats your goal for analysis?
then if you want , send your data to me that i analyze it but you should tell me your aim certainly.

Best regards
Elnaz

My aims are to determine whether (1) partial or complete mutation in "gene X" alters evoked changes in intracellular calcium homeostasis compared to non-mutant cells, and (2) if the partial/complete lack of gene X will increase a cell's responsiveness to toxic insult compared to non-mutant cells, again by analyzing alterations in evoked cytoplasmic calcium waves.

I appreciate the offer to analyze it, but I would rather do so myself if I can, so I can understand my data better and for my future reference as well.

Thanks in advance for any input.

LabGirl