Problem with package installation

Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to R and would like to use it with ArcGIS. I'm currently trying to install a toolbox, which contains a framework to use R in ArcGIS 10. This requires installing specific packages before I can actually install the toolbox. Some of them seem to be a bit outdated and are only found in the archive. I managed to install most of them, but am struggling with the last one - the design package.

I'm using this command for the installation of the package:
install.packages("C:/Program Files/R/R-2.15.2/library/Design_2.3-0.tar.gz",type="source",repos=NULL)

and I'm receiving this error message:
* installing *source* package 'Design' ...
** Creating default NAMESPACE file
** libs

*** arch - i386
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'Design'
* removing 'C:/Program Files/R/R-2.15.2/library/Design'
Warning messages:
1: running command 'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-215~1.2/bin/x64/R CMD INSTALL -l "C:/Program Files/R/R-2.15.2/library" "C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-215~1.2/library/Design_2.3-0.tar.gz"' had status 1
2: In install.packages("C:/Program Files/R/R-2.15.2/library/Design_2.3-0.tar.gz", :
installation of package ‘C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-215~1.2/library/Design_2.3-0.tar.gz’ had non-zero exit status

I'm not able to identify where the mistake is as the error message only states "compilation failed". Your help would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks for your help,
Astrid