Problem with package

noetsi

Fortran must die
I tried to install tidyverse. I thought it worked then got this

library(tidyverse)
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[]):
namespace ‘rlang’ 0.4.5 is already loaded, but >= 0.4.6 is required

I have the most recent R I can find.

noetsi

Fortran must die
I thought I could just rebuild rlang and it would update. But...

install.packages("rlang")

Installing package into ‘\\fldvr.net/hq/Users/rthellein/Documents/R/win-library/4.0’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
trying URL 'https://mirror.las.iastate.edu/CRAN/bin/windows/contrib/4.0/rlang_0.4.6.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 1109027 bytes (1.1 MB)
downloaded 1.1 MB
package ‘rlang’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
Warning: cannot remove prior installation of package ‘rlang’
Warning: restored ‘rlang’
The downloaded binary packages are in
C:\Users\rthellein\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmpgpisq4\downloaded_packages
Warning message:
In file.copy(savedcopy, lib, recursive = TRUE) :
problem copying \\fldvr.net\hq\Users\rthellein\Documents\R\win-library\4.0\00LOCK\rlang\libs\x64\rlang.dll to \\fldvr.net\hq\Users\rthellein\Documents\R\win-library\4.0\rlang\libs\x64\rlang.dll: Permission denied

I have installed a lot of packages recently without this permission issue coming up.

noetsi

Fortran must die
I think I was able to do it through Rstudio. When you update something in Rstudio does it update what exists in Rconsole. I think so.

After the update this occurred (I have not seen this before in a package so I do not know what it means)

library(tidyverse)
-- Attaching packages ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tidyverse 1.3.0 --
v ggplot2 3.3.0 v purrr 0.3.4
v tibble 3.0.1 v dplyr 0.8.5
v tidyr 1.0.3 v stringr 1.4.0
v readr 1.3.1 v forcats 0.5.0
-- Conflicts --------------------------------------------------------------------------- tidyverse_conflicts() --
x dplyr::filter() masks stats::filter()
x dplyr::lag() masks stats::lag()
>

noetsi

Fortran must die
Strangely a package that works in R console did not show up in RStudio.

I don't understand the following error

mydatar$standard <-mydatar$Spending/monthdays
Error in mydatar$Spending/monthdays :
non-numeric argument to binary operator

str(mydatar)
$ Spending: num

so the column looks numeric to me and division would not seem to violate this....

Last edited:

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
So monthdays is a function. So you need to supply it an argument (or at least call the function somehow). I really don't know what you were trying to do with your code. Can you explain in plain words what you were trying to achieve?

noetsi

Fortran must die
We have significant seasonality in our data. The otext suggested that processing days could explain much of this seasonality (in our case, days per month more generally for other phenomenon). I was trying to standardize our data by dividing spending by the days per month for a given month, following up on that suggestion.

Its under transformations and adjustments in otext

https://otexts.com/fpp2/transformations.html