Question about logistic regression.

Hello guys, I have perforemd binary logistic regression with 400 people dataset. I have used as dependent variable default and as predictors gender and salary.
Do you know how would I be able to show probability distributions for the probability of defaulting, separately for actual nondefaulters and actual defaulters?

Attachments

hlsmith

Omega Contributor
not a lot of SPSS users here. Split your dataset and score each subset using the predicted probabilities calculated using model coefficients.

Hello my friend. It's my first year at college and I use spss for first time, so I am weak. I do not understand what this equation is. I suppose that it is the equation for my case study, right? What are e and z?
I have this data set (PRE_1, PRE_2, PGR_1, PGR_2 are sth I have not yet understood).

I would appreciate your help a lot.

Attachments

hlsmith

Omega Contributor
I would look into studying logistic regression more before using it, so you dont misuse it or misinterpret the results.

e and z were just the monikers for two covariates in an example. You would replace them with your term and add more to have one for each model term.

Thank you my friend. I have studied logistic regression, but theory is different than the case study.
I have a homework and I am really anxious since I do not know what is the equation for my case study.
The deadline for my homework is close and I try to figure the equation.
Do you know the equation for my case study?

Hello, kluader,
As I understand, you have the regression equation already. If so, it is arithmetical question. Just make 2 identical sequences of salary, with the appropriate step, one for men and another for women, in excel sheet for example, then input to the next column a formulae of the equation with references to cells of predictors values and you receive the desired distribution.

Hello my friend. the problem is that i dont have the regression equation. Im doing the case study for my homework just as the teacher told as in classroom (he did not finish the exercise).
I dont know what my equation is.
hlsmith helped a lot by providing an equation but it is the general equation and I do not know how my variables are represented at his equation.
Thank you.

kluader, as you wrote, you have performed the regression. You need to google an annotated output of SPSS for this model in order to find necessary coefficients for the equation.

hlsmith

Omega Contributor
Thank you ask.biostat, I was thinking the same thing but not on a device that makes linking a webpage easy. kluader, just do an internet search for the topic with terms like SPSS, logistic, predicted probabilities.