Recreating logistic regression model in SPSS

Hello everyone :)

I would like to ask for advice regarding recreating a logistic regression model (please see the picture attached). I am working with household level data (English Housing Survey) and on the top of the already present household-level variables, I would like to construct area-level variables (such as regional unemployment rate % or barriers to housing [based on the Index of Multiple Deprivation indicator]). So my problem is that I am not sure how to construct this variable, percentage/index is technically a number but as it is going to be the same number (a kind of 'category'?) for each region then should it not be a categorical variable?

I would really appreciate help, I've been struggling with this for a while :)

Capture.JPG

obh

I would like to construct area-level variables (such as regional unemployment rate % or barriers to housing [based on the Index of Multiple Deprivation indicator]). So my problem is that I am not sure how to construct this variable, percentage/index is technically a number but as it is going to be the same number (a kind of 'category'?) for each region then should it not be a categorical variable?
That fact that several items have the same value doesn't make a continuous variable to categorical variable.

ps independently, how many regions do you have?

That fact that several items have the same value doesn't make a continuous variable to categorical variable.

ps independently, how many regions do you have?
So these are the cases I'm working on. I know that regional rather than local authority level (and may not show me any statistically significant results) is not ideal but unfortunately I do not have permission to access local authority level data.
What I'm basically trying to do is to show how structural issues (e.g. barriers to housing) influence the likelihood of homelessness.

Capture2.JPG

obh

So 7.7 is the unemployment rate in the North East?

If so, you can add the unemployment rate as a continuous variable in the logistic regression.