Regression analysis with moderator and multiple independent variables

Hello,

I am currently in the process of analyzing my survey results for my master's thesis. I want to test whether people in transparently designed companies show less deviant behavior and whether certain personality traits moderate this relationship.
My supervisor and me agreed on testing this with a regression analysis. My dependent variable is deviance, my control variable is moral identity, my independent variable is transparency and my moderator is personality. But now I have the problem that transparency is not measured with one scale, i.e. one value, but with several individual items (e.g. material of walls, how many coworkers, etc.) and I also have 4 personality traits as moderators. I created interaction terms betwen every personality trait and every transparency item.
My question(s): am I doing the right thing if I run a regression analysis with deviance as dependent, moral identity as control, then in block 2 z score of personality trait 1 and zscores of each of the 6 transparency items and then in block 3 the 6 interaction terms between the transparncy items and personality trait 1; and then do the same thing separately for each personality trait?
2. How do I interpret a negative adjusted R Square (in Model Summary)?
3. diffrenet topic: I wanted to calculate Cronbach's Alpha for each personality trait. the questions are from a short version of the big 5 questionnaire and therefore each trait has 2 questions, of which one is reversed coded. I tried to calculate the alpha between the normal item and the reversed item (I created a new variable for that with recode into different variable), but somehow it is empty, I dont get the alpha. What am I doing wrong here?

I know it's a long post, sorry for that. I'd be very happy if you could help me! Thank you very much in advance!
Cheers,

Lana

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Please describe hoe you are defining "employee deviance" also is this just one employer / department or can employees be cluster into some types of groups?