Repeated Measure on Categorical Data


New Member
A group of subjects was tested and re-tested with the same set of measures over a 3-months interval. A total of three sets of scores were collected, i.e. the baseline, 3-months and 6-months result. I want to compare the difference between these scores. The scores include both interval and ordinal/categorical variables.

For the interval variables, I know I can use paired t-test to compare the means. However, I've no idea on which test to use to compare the ordinal/categorical variables. Please could someone give me a hand on this?

Thanks in advance for the help.



if your data are ordinal and you have two population for comparing so
you should use wilcoxon or sign tes.
and if you have more of two population, you should use friedman test.