Repeated measures ANOVA- 3 conditions across 3 time points

JaneD

Hi, we are doing a within-subjects study where each participant has their pain response measured at three different times in each session. The participant attends three sessions, each one week apart and at each session they experience a different condition. My understanding is that we do a repeated measures ANOVA for each condition with 3 levels of time for within-subjects factors and pain rating as the DV. How do I then compare this data across the three separate conditions?

Any help is much appreciated

thanks

Karabiner

TS Contributor
You have 2 repeated-measures factors, condition (3 levels) and measurement within condition (3 levels), i.e. a 3x3 repeated measures design. You can analyse the main effects of condition, measurement within condition as well as their interaction.

With kind regards

Karabiner

Last edited:

JaneD

You have 2 repeated-measures factors, condition (3 levels) and measurement within condition (3 levels), i.e. a 3x3 repeated measures design. You cann analyse the main effects of condition, measurement within condition as well as their interaction.

With kind regards

Karabiner
Hi, thank you so much, I couldn’t move forward until I saw this, you’re a lifesaver!