Repeated measures Anova in SPSS (3x2) different factor levels

Dear all,

I'm trying to find out how to run a repeated measure anova for a 3x3x2 design with two within subjects factors in SPSS. The problem I face is that when I want to enter a factor with two levels and a second factor with three levels, SPSS asks for six within subjects variables. However I only have five (3 for the first factor and 2 for the second factor). Am I supposed to make six variables by combining the three levels of one factor with the two levels of the second factor (3x2=6)? And if so, what is the best way to do this?
I would be so happy if someone could help me with this problem.

Kind regards,
Melanie

If factor A is a within-subject factor with 3 levels and factor B is a within-subject factor with 2 levels, that means that you have recorded the dependent variable for each combination of those factors. An there are 3 * 2 = 6 combinations. The 6 measurements of the dependent variable corresponding to the 6 within-subject factor combinations must be stored somewhere in your data set (preferably in different columns - this is what SPSS would love). Otherwise your data set is incomplete.