Research Help

Hi I am working on a study and I need help in deciding what test to use.

I am comparing two groups. Domestic violence (DV) being present versus No domestic violence present. Additionally, I developed a survey in which I had participants answer questions regarding their perception to how their children manifest anger.

I think the presence or lack of presence of DV is the independent variable. And the dependent variable consists of the responses from the survey.

I think maybe an independent sample t-test is the test I should use. Not sure. Help!


TS Contributor
It depends on your sample size and on the scale
on which the responses were measured (categorical,
ordinal or interval scale).

With kind regards