right stat technique?

Ind.Variable: A continuous variable
Dep. Varible: B continuous variable

I would like to know if there is a gender difference between boys and girls in their level of A and subsequent expression of B. My hypothesis is that girls with higher A will express higher B than boys comparable in A
Would a partial correlation give me gender diffs? If so what statistic am I looking basically how do I know there is a difference by looking at the output?


TS Contributor
I would run a regression and look for a significant interaction between gender and A. In other words, the slope coefficient for A vs B will be different for each gender.

Then plot the relationship between A and B, distinguished by gender to see how they are different.