Simulations in SAS and R

noetsi

Fortran must die
SAS's business model is that there are more chimps than academics (and that managers not technical experts make decisions).

Returning to the original idea of this thread, that is a really interesting article on simulation....

spunky

Doesn't actually exist
Returning to the original idea of this thread, that is a really interesting article on simulation....
that is true. recently i've becoming more and more interested in research related to teaching statistics and statistical knowledge (applied knowledge? THE HORROR!) to non-technical audience (so researchers from the social sciences and business communities). i'm appalled at the lack of easy-to-understand resources to convey the ideas behind simulation.

i just spoke with a prof like a week before the end of classes about how interesting it would be if we could have a class on statistical simulations for social scientists. unfortunately, she's gonna be away in sabbatical starting next year... but did say that she would be interested in designing said course with me...sometime in 2016 :(