SPSS Statistical Test help

Hi everyone, would really really appreciate some help on choosing a test.

I have done a survey asking participants how healthy their diet is. With 5 possible answers ranging from (very unhealthy to very healthy)
There was another question asking participants what health claim gave the perception of being the healthiest (one claim was very short and simple and the other long and complex). would I be correct in saying they are both ordinal measures?

What test should I do in order to test the relationship between these two, ideally want to know if there's a relationship between level of health and claim that was chosen.

Also, everytime I do try to do a test I get a missing=pairwise, even though I have no data missing at all. Attached screenshot below.

1599662449763.png

Karabiner

TS Contributor
Your first question is ordinal scaled, the second question (choice between A and B) is categorical.

You could compare healthiness of diet between those who chose the long versus thos who chose
the short claim, using Mann-Whitney U-test.

With kind regards

Karabiner

Your first question is ordinal scaled, the second question (choice between A and B) is categorical.

You could compare healthiness of diet between those who chose the long versus thos who chose
the short claim, using Mann-Whitney U-test.

With kind regards

Karabiner

Would that be doing 2 Mann Whitney tests, one for Choice A and one for choice B?
Also thanks so much, very much appreciated.