Stanford online courses

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
I worry if I did that I wouldn't have the time to dedicate to the class. I totally want to pick up machine learning, but I question if I have the prerequisites for it. I'll decide if I have time for this class this weekend. My short-term class is ending next week, but I need to get the final project done soon.

Link

Ninja say what!?!
I worry if I did that I wouldn't have the time to dedicate to the class. I totally want to pick up machine learning, but I question if I have the prerequisites for it. I'll decide if I have time for this class this weekend. My short-term class is ending next week, but I need to get the final project done soon.
They do have a "basic" option that will allow you to just attend the lectures and not require the hmwk and stuff.

Jake

Cookie Scientist
Both of the courses that you posted interest me. After much thought I decided that the most my schedule would permit me to enroll in, given the fixed time frame of the courses, is just one of the "basic" tracks. I enrolled in the basic track of the AI course because it is a little more relevant to me as a psychologist trying to break into cognitive modeling. If anyone else decides to do the AI course I'd be happy to discuss some of the material here with you as the course unfolds.

trinker

ggplot2orBust
Link,

Thanks for sharing! What an opportunity. I debated signing up but realize my plate is way too full. Maybe there will be a summer addition in the future that would fit my schedule better. Machine learning seems very interesting but I likely lack the background knowledge needed to peform well but I'd give it a go.