stating test statistics

I have now produced my graphs for my project and conducted the relevant stats tests to identify any significant differences. This is the description above one of my graphs:

Figure 2. displays that gymnasts (157 ± 6.34) demonstrated a significantly lower mean height value in comparison to the control (164 ± 6.09) group.

After this I understand that I need to state the p value (p<0.05 and which appendices to refer too). I cant work out though if I need to include the test statistic. Heres a section of the stats table tht SPSS produced. Do I include the t value in my description above my graph?

t df Sig. (2-tailed)

-2.605 20 .017
-2.605 19.969 .017

So:
Figure 2. displays that gymnasts (157 ± 6.34) demonstrated a significantly lower mean height value in comparison to the control (164 ± 6.09) group (t = -2.605, p<0.05. Refer to appendix A1).

Thanks

JohnM

TS Contributor
Just the means, confidence intervals and p-values should be enough. A graph should convey the required information without too much other detail.

Are you working from a publication guide or manual? For example, the American Psychological Association's publication manual gives specific guidelines on what to put in captions for diagrams or charts.