statistics Books

Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum. I am a technical Analyst. I do analysis for Computer Systems using statistics.
I am interested to learn linear regression, correlation coeffcient, residual, standard deviation etc. Can anyone please suggest me some good books which explain me the concepts using its practical applications.
Some books I know, but that are not available in India:

1) Introduction to Mathematical Statistics and Its Applications, An (4th Edition) (Hardcover)
by Richard J. Larsen (Author), Morris L. Marx (Author

2) Statistics Without Tears: A Primer for Non-Mathematicians (Allyn & Bacon Classics Edition)
by Rowntree, Derek;

3) Introduction to Linear Regression and Correlation
by Allen Louis Edwards

4) Regression Analysis by Example, 4th Edition

Regards,
Neeraj

Hi Neeraj,

I have an ebook: Regression analysis by Example (4th ed.). If you like it, I can send to you. Just put your email address here, I will send the link to get it.

Hopefully, it helps you. Cheers,

Linear Regression and Correlation book

Hi Neeraj,

You should be able to pick Introduction to Linear Regression and Correlation
by Allen Louis Edwards second hand on Amazon, I did.

I have found it most useful.

Peter.

Check your email, NeerajDBA. I've just sent the link to you, accompanying with the instruction to download from mihd.net host (just ignore it if you know how to download it). Have fun.

Hello all,

I don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but since we're on the topic of e-books, does anybody have a good introductory text for mathematical statistics?

Any help is appreciated, even just the name of the text.

Thank you!

For math stat, the standard is Casella and Berger. But you might want to go for Hogg, McKean, and Craig, or Hogg and Tanis. The order of difficulty is decreasing.

~Matt