Statistics for Engineers

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
I'm starting a temporary grad program (i.e., until I can get into stats at UC Davis), but I may not get into a class I need to retake (core class for math majors and it has less seating than normal and is the only section taught this semester, wtf!!). Looking for other things to take, there is a 2 unit (3 normal) class for "statistics for engineers." It's description is pretty vague:

Application of statistical methods to the analysis of engineering and physical systems. Data collection, characteristics of distributions, probability, uses of normal distribution, regression analysis, and decision-making under uncertainty.
There aren't too many statistics classes offered at CSU, Sacramento, and I figured this class might be able to help solidify some understanding I may not have. Also, I'm very interested in having a broad basis in statistical methods. I'm trained in economics and mathematics (and philosophy/logic), but I would love to learn more about statistical methods in other fields: physics/engineering, psychology, politics, etc. I'm just wondering if this class may be a waste of my time.

Therefore, my question is for those that have the requisite statistics-for-physics background that might know what sort of stuff will be taught in this upper division course. I'm not expecting it to be particularly difficult. I have a BA in mathematics (statistics concentration) and have completed the regular lower division physics sequence. I have an idea about what will be covered, but I would like to know specifics. Short of emailing the professor--I know how much many of them hate to be bothered over their summer break--I figured I could ask you guys for your thoughts.

So, thoughts?