Suggestion for forum

noetsi

No cake for spunky
Many that I know running data (including statistics) need to use SQL to do so. There is really no easy way to link that to specific forums now (although it probably best fits under SAS simply because that is the type of SQL most here probably use).

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
What exactly is the question? Do you want an SQL board? I'm not sure we get enough SQL attention to really warrant that. What if "Other Software" became "Other software or languages"? I don't have control over these kinds of things but it is just an idea.

On a side note I'm moving this over to "Forum Feedback".

noetsi

No cake for spunky
I was thinking about an SQL section but I think your suggestion is better. I would call it "other software or SQL" because if there are many interested in data queries, they might not think of it as a language. I know I don't even though I probably should.

I did not know where to put this..... :)

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
But SQL is just a language. Plus I've subconsciously wanted a place for "other languages" for a while. Because as of right now it isn't immediately clear where somebody might post a java/C/python type question. Granted a different forum might be better for that but if somebody wants to post those types of questions we should probably have a place that makes sense to post them.

I can add these languages to the description of "Other Software". These are all software, hopefully it will work. I will open a forum if we can get one post per day, or at least one post every few days.

I am thinking of a forum on "Data", which includes data manipulation, design of experiment, data mining, data visualization, or even data analysis. But I am not sure if we would get many cross posts with the software forums, and not sure if we would get enough interest. Another possibility is "Statistics resources", and we can post links to websites, recommend books, videos etc. And even a "Math" forum may be possible.

noetsi

No cake for spunky
I think a basic problem with the term language is that a lot of SQL types, if we have them here, won't think of it as that and won't go there. I think "Data Manipulation/Quering" would be useful....