Suggestions

Hello,

First of all, I wanted to say that this forum is wonderful, it's a great idea and it helps many people, either beginners or professionals. Most people who help here, have a wide knowledge and are very friendly as well, so someone need to say thank you for everyone!

I wanted to suggest a couple of things. First of all, I think there should be one more forum added to the list, "Data Mining" forum. It's a growing topic that is new to some Statisticians, and often there are many questions about it.
Secondly, I think it could have been nice, if a few people will slowly start to write guides, of FAQ. For example, if there are questions that repeat themselves, then maybe a post with explanations, could be a good thing, something like a small database of useful information, for beginners and advanced users.

Thank you.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
First off thanks for providing some feedback.

quark might get around to adding a data mining board at some point but I think he's the only one with that authority. I'm not sure if there's been many questions on data mining (there are definitely a few at least) so I don't know how much attention such a board would get but it might just attract more attention if there was a board devoted to it.

As for the FAQ we just got StatisticsPedia started a little while ago so it's not very populated yet (and it has more advanced topics ... not so much the beginner stuff). You're welcome to write a couple of articles if you want to but we'd probably suggest getting yourself assimilated into the Talk Stats community first just so we get to know you (but there's nothing stopping you from writing an article from the get go).

TheEcologist

Global Moderator
That reminds me about the FAQ. It is a work in progress, I will now pledge to add it before the end of july. The draft will be ready earlier for the contributors to comment on (15 of July by the latest). I have now monitored the forum long enough to get a general idea of the FAQs.

Best,

M.

trinker

ggplot2orBust
That reminds me about the FAQ. It is a work in progress, I will now pledge to add it before the end of july. The draft will be ready earlier for the contributors to comment on (15 of July by the latest). I have now monitored the forum long enough to get a general idea of the FAQs.
Can't wait to see this FAQ's roll out. I think it'll be quite helpful.