Superficially Understanding a Statistical Approach

For a course, I need to superficially understand an applied statistical approach from a research paper. Attached you will find the link to the research paper. In this paper it states that they used sample weights that were developed by Healthy Minds. Descriptive analysis including calculation of sample weighted means and percentages were conducted. Bivariate tests were conducted that accommodate the nature of weighted data. Adjusted Wald tests were conducted to test for differences between weighted means in place of independent samples t tests. Pearson design-based F tests, which provide corrected weighted chi square test statistics, were performed to compare weighted percentages. All analyses were conducted using Stata 15. I took this as meaning that the authors are conducting a prevalence study. They are assessing the information collected and breaking it down into different categories such as race, sexual orientation, and age. They also further break this down into total sample, med students, and pharmacy students. The researchers then go to give the exact number of total, medical students, and pharmacy students that answered yes to the questions on their questionnaire. In their discussion, they also incorporated p-values and gave percentage-presented data based on the total subjects. I would appreciate any forum members willing to respond to let me know if I am correct in my understanding of the procedure. Thank you!!

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Does it feel like they examined too many subgroups or stats; and that they may find something by accident or not?