[TSRC] August 2011 Running Thread

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
Ugh ... did 2 miles, walked for 5 min, then did another mile. Didn't do much weight training, though. My knee is killing me now! Definitely taking some more Aleve before bed lol

PT: 14

Last edited by a moderator:

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
39.3 + 2 = 41.3 miles

PT: 12 + 2 = 14

To stay on schedule we should be at 45.2 miles by the end of the day.

Last edited:

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
ugh ... I was lazy the past couple of days, and by lazy I mean I went out to eat with my girl twice yesterday (secret shopper thing), and after having a full course meal at Joe's Crab Shack, there was no way I was going running! lol I'll get off my butt and go running, at least 3 miles. Need to be disciplined. Need to think what Bruce Lee would say to me. Need to fear that Terry Tate, Office Linebacker, is going to come after me for playing too much Call of Duty!

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Bruce Lee would be disappointed that we're tied right now. He would say "bryangoodrich - there is no way that Dason guy would tie with me" and then he'd roundhouse kick you in the face. Now that's what I call motivation.

trinker

ggplot2orBust
I'm making it a personal goal to put in 10 miles this week in addition to insanity.

Hold me accountAble to the 10 miles.

And Dason Bruce Lee is dead so this little motivation in using a roundhouse kick threat there. Now a chuck norris bearded round house kick has a larger fear factor don't you think?

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
And Dason Bruce Lee is dead so this little motivation in using a roundhouse kick threat there. Now a chuck norris bearded round house kick has a larger fear factor don't you think?
I know Bruce Lee is dead. Are you saying if zombie Bruce Lee was threatening you with a roundhouse kick to the face you wouldn't be motivated?

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
Dason, all this talk of zombie Bruce Lee. You gotta lay off the Black Ops. :)
No, I'm the one that needs to lay off the Ops. I'd get more running done ... and studying! haha I'm off to the gym now. Had a little nap, so I wouldn't be as tired. Going to try for 3: one mile run with 1/4 to 1/2 mile higher speed, followed by 2 exercises, repeat 2 more times.

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
Okay, the third "set" didn't really happen. Just the 2.5 miles was hard enough! I did one mile in 9:29. Then I did a double set: shrugs and bent over row. I followed that with a straight leg deadlift. Then with great strain I forced myself back onto the treadmill to do a 9:13 mile. I followed that a bench press (weight-loaded lever) and cable triceps extensions. I did a little bit of stretching to loosen up my legs before even more convincing to get myself back on the treadmill. After one minute I decided another half was sufficient! I'll try and do another 2.5 tomorrow to make up for the difference.

PT: 16.5

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
We did on the last challenge, and only one recording used it!

I think Dason should do another table so we can see where we're at. I was hurting yesterday and didn't get my 2.5 in. I'm taking it easy today because I just still hurt. Need to focus on strength and flexibility training in some important areas related to my running (foot/calves and hips) before I end up injured again.

I'm going on vacation tomorrow. Don't know if I'll have any recorded running. Be back this weekend.

PT: 18.5

bryangoodrich

Probably A Mammal
Wanted to round out my Personal Total before I went on vacation. Later!

PT: 20

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
The totals up until this point.
Code:
           name  miles
1 bryangoodrich 20.000
2         Dason 17.000
3       cintari  8.125
4       trinker  5.000
5 interestednew  3.300
We had a few errors again. cintari added .1 instead of .125 to the total on their last run (but I'm assuming this was intentional - but I changed everything to reflect the true total anyways). And on one post somebody started with the wrong total which threw us off by .1

I fixed all posts to reflect the current situation.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
You can still post and help us reach our goal of 100 miles. We're behind right now (by quite a bit - we're currently at 54.425 miles but we should be at around 64.5 miles) so every bit helps.

Last edited: