Unsure of which statistical method to use- Please help!

Hello,

I'm writing a research proposal but I don't have a strong background in statistics. It would be great if someone can let me know which statistical method is suitable to analyze this data. I was thinking of using ANOVA but I'm not sure if it's right.

Basically, there is a control group and an experimental group. For two weeks prior to the test, each participant will record the frequency per day for each of the listed behavior. The data collected will establish the average # of occurrences per behavior for each person. Then, I want to know the differences between the two groups halfway through the trial and at the end of it.

Please let me know which method would be suitable. Thank you so much!

hlsmith

Omega Contributor
Is this your study design:

O O O O O O O X O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O - O O O O O O O

So you observe, then one group gets an intervention and you continue to observe each group?

What is your desired sample size and how is the outcome formatted (e.g., is it a count). Also, your description reads as though there are multiple outcomes.

I'm not sure what the "o" & "x" are, but I do a pretest for both groups. Then one group gets an intervention and I measure the differences between the two groups at the halfway and end points. The sample size is 30 participants.