Very easy question

Hey guys,

This is a pretty easy question, probably this is not even the right category, still I will give it a try

Let me just say that many years have passed since I took data analysis and statistic at Uni, so forgive me, especially because my question is not strictly related but...

So, I have 3K sellers and they all started their activity on different dates, starting from September 2019. I want to create a chart to evaluate their performances over a period of 6 months, but I do want to take their "starting date" into consideration, so I need to find a way to connect how much they have sold and for how long, then to rate them based on numbers that make sense.

So:
- I can divide

(number of products sold)/(days of activation)

given that the products cost the same. In this case I don't really take into consideration their "longevity" though, so I can have two stores with the same results but one has been active for 6 months, the other for 20 days.

Ex:
A: sold (200 units), days since act (100)-> AVG/day= 2
B: sold (10 units), days since act (5)-> AVG/day=2

- I can multiply these results for 182 (days in 6 months, the period I am taking into consideration), but again: not ok, it is a projection. I am not sure if they will actually sell that amount.

So my question is: how would you create the chart? How would you normalize those numbers to discriminate longevity and have a final number that makes sense!?

Sorry for my English, not a native and excuse me for the question: I don't now if I am rusty in math (I have a degree in analitical chemistry, but.... Ahah) or it's the quarantine hysteria.

Thanks!

Karabiner

TS Contributor
Why six months, if so many subjects could not reach this by far?

Would stratification be an option? I.e. to create 3 or more subgroups, based on starting date, and compare within groups?

With kind regards

Karabiner

Unfortunately stratification is not an option, since i am talking about 3k stores, all of them starting on different dates.

I know, it doesn't really make sense, but this is one of the charts I need to create...the monthly analysis will be way easier.