Wants to learn SAS

I am very new to SAS. i was looking to get a clinical research position but i learnt SAS is the right programming i need to know if am to get into the Clinical field. I am searching for a mentor, materials or any form of assistance i can get so as to start learning SAS

I am very new to SAS. i was looking to get a clinical research position but i learnt SAS is the right programming i need to know if am to get into the Clinical field. I am searching for a mentor, materials or any form of assistance i can get so as to start learning SAS
Do you have access to SAS? I believe they have a free version (maybe different functionality) on their website. I believe it's call SAS studio. They also have some very expensive e-learning courses (but some universities buy access for students and faculty). They also have some free e-learning courses, which I would recommend looking into to get started.

One book that I've heard referenced is "The Little SAS Book." It's supposedly good for learning SAS from a baseline. However, if you are looking for clinical research, you may want to look at some books directed at learning methods in SAS that you would use (say, logistic regression, for example). SAS also has certification exams. You don't need the certification, but you can look at the expected knowledge base for those exams (I believe they have one specific for clinical trials programmers).

My overall recommendation is to explore the SAS website for free offerings in terms of software and e-learning modules, as well as to get an idea of things you may want to simultaneously learn (particular analysis techniques, but these will teach you less about SAS overall, and more about a method performed with SAS).

Hope this helps.

noetsi

Fortran must die
SAS is a huge area. What are you trying to learn, medical statistics? One place to start is to do on line searches for methods you want to use in SAS. SAS institute prints a wide range of papers and books on various methods as well and UCLA covers it extensively. SAS has extensive documentation of its statistical software (although its poorly written in my humble opinion, they throw too much together and give too few examples of how to write code).

I suggest learning Enterprise Guide which is the GUI version of SAS first. Its a lot easier to learn than the editor.