What are all the types of Sparsity?

I am trying to breakdown all types of sparsity, so far i found lasso as one, what are the other kinds?Google is not yielding satisfactory information. :(

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
If I don't get an answer then that gives me an answer to the other unasked question: is this thread worth the effort?

hlsmith

Not a robit
@Morena - Are you talking about approaches to deal with sparsity? What are you searching for via Google, that may also be an issue?

Side note, regularizing approaches usually entail:
-LASSO
-Ridge Regression
-Elastic Net
-Bayesian Modeling (with non-flat priors)
-etc., adding a weight for complexity, say just using any of the information criteria for model selection.

@Morena - Are you talking about approaches to deal with sparsity? What are you searching for via Google, that may also be an issue?

Side note, regularizing approaches usually entail:
-LASSO
-Ridge Regression
-Elastic Net
-Bayesian Modeling (with non-flat priors)
-etc., adding a weight for complexity, say just using any of the information criteria for model selection.
Thank you, i think you are right my search query was the one not specific enough, i just googled "types of sparsity"

So, what are all other approaches that can be used to deal with sparsity?

hlsmith

Not a robit
Also, do you have a particular context you are referencing for sparsity? Say more variables than observations. So are you trying to find the best subset of variables or you could have sparsity given 50 people and 2 covariates in logistic regression - where regularized or exact approaches my be used.