What do you for a living?

SadieKhan

TS Contributor
done my Bsc with mathematics, statistics, and economics, then masters in business economics.
Want to get enrolled in MS in statistics by the end of this year, I take private tutions.

vinux

Dark Knight
Hi All,
I am back to studies.. After 5 year corporate experience, I have joined for a research program. Planning to do my research in Time Series.

Regards
Richie

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Awesome. I have yet to have significant time series exposure. I hope to take a class on time series modeling at some point.

Dragan

Super Moderator
Hi All,
I am back to studies.. After 5 year corporate experience, I have joined for a research program. Planning to do my research in Time Series.

Regards
Richie

Time Series is a tough subject---but I'm sure that you'll be "ahead of the class", Richie. :)

CowboyBear

Super Moderator
Hi All,

Regards
Richie
Ah, didn't know you were planning to focus on time series... My thesis research will be with time series data! Maybe we can have some interesting talks about cosinor and spectral analysis and such in the future :D

I am a Ph.D. student in Educational Evaluation and Research. My experience has been in more of an applied sense. I started graduate training in School Psychology many years ago and am now approaching my last semester of classes before exams.

I feel a little behind the curve here as I have been learning about actual statistics for a short time and feel a little nervous about how little I know, especially compared to my student peers on this site!

My wife and I have 3 month old identical twin girls, so it's all I can do to make sure they are taken care of and self-direct my own education to compensate for that which I have not been exposed to in school, so bear with me.

Oh, and my interest is in nonparametric statistics and Monte Carlo methods.

I am a college student, Public Health Faculty - Airlangga University (Final year) from Indonesia.
The Tropical Land of South East Asia :)

Please notify me if you can make visit

I am home schooling myself in statistics and put in at least 20 hours a week on the books.
I figure that in about 18 to 24 months I will have taught myself enough so that I can get a job and make some money.
I love statistics.

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
I am home schooling myself in statistics and put in at least 20 hours a week on the books.
I figure that in about 18 to 24 months I will have taught myself enough so that I can get a job and make some money.
I love statistics.
Are you learning any software along with that? (R, SAS, STATA, ...)?

I just finished college, and hoping to get into graduate school. Concerns include finances and missing my own convocation.

I hope that by educating myself in statistics, it would help in my future dabbling in research.

noetsi

Fortran must die
Do sql queries and analyze data. I spent most of my life in various programs. My fourth graduate degree (when all else fail go back to school...).

Don't assume because you know statistics a job is sure. My observation is that jobs for such are not all that common. Knowing software and both sql and excel is central to what data analyst at most organizations do. Very rarely will you have the luxury of having people hand you the data for you to analyze (this was one of most cherished - and wrong- assumptions about data analysis).

You generate your own data in the real world.

Do sql queries and analyze data. I spent most of my life in various programs. My fourth graduate degree (when all else fail go back to school...).

Don't assume because you know statistics a job is sure. My observation is that jobs for such are not all that common. Knowing software and both sql and excel is central to what data analyst at most organizations do. Very rarely will you have the luxury of having people hand you the data for you to analyze (this was one of most cherished - and wrong- assumptions about data analysis).

You generate your own data in the real world.
yes,some people don't have statistical awareness ;s