What is the job outlook for a 30-year-old who recently graduated with a stat bs?

I quit my comfortable job that I did not see myself doing long-term to continue my schooling. I expect I will be in my thirties when I graduate with just my bachelors. Is it realistic to get a job given my age? How can I improve my chances to make myself a better candidate?

Hi,

It depends of course where you live, but the corporate world is very much interested in people with stats knowledge. Big Data, Cyber Crime, Social Media analyses, just to name a few are hot topics. You'd probably want to learn something related to that field (e.g. learn a bit about databases/storage when going into the Big data field).

30 is still young, no worries there :tup:

Just have a look at the vacancies you're interested in (use a site like monsterboard.com), and see what the job requirements are. Learn the gaps, get a certificate if that's important in your country/line of business and you've got yourself (almost) a job..

rogojel

TS Contributor
Hi,
get practical experience, as much as you can and as soon as you can. E.g. there are sites where people are looking for R programmers for short projects, Kaggle is also an option, internships etc.

regards

Hi,
get practical experience, as much as you can and as soon as you can. E.g. there are sites where people are looking for R programmers for short projects, Kaggle is also an option, internships etc.

regards
I agree. after practice you would have batter chances