What kind of regression analysis??

Hi,

I have 2 variables and when plotted on a scatter-graph (see below) they do not have a linear regression. I will be undertaking my analysis on Genstat, but currently I have no idea what analysis I should be completing. Is anyone able to help? Do I need to transform data and then perform a simple linear regression or is some other form of analysis better?

fullsizeoutput_114b.jpeg

This linear regression shows that the combination of these variables does not respect the criteria of homocedasticity, it basically means that the variance changes thoughout the line. I do not think you have to look for another type of regression, I think what you have done it is ok, it is just that the regression is not strong between these variables.

This linear regression shows that the combination of these variables does not respect the criteria of homocedasticity, it basically means that the variance changes thoughout the line. I do not think you have to look for another type of regression, I think what you have done it is ok, it is just that the regression is not strong between these variables.
Thank you! So performing a simple linear regression and then reporting P-Values and R2 values would suffice?

When I see a graph like this, I immediately think that there is a missing variable.
It's for my university dissertation, I am investigating whether there is a relationship between 2 components of milk. Sorry, I'm very new to statistics so I'm really struggling!

Miner

TS Contributor
Since this appears to be biology related, is there an external factor such as temperature where there is a range where activity is most prevalent and outside the range is less prevalent?

It has been suggest that there is a seasonal factor, I have graphed each month out individually but they all look pretty similar, here is an example of December.

fullsizeoutput_1156.jpeg

Since this appears to be biology related, is there an external factor such as temperature where there is a range where activity is most prevalent and outside the range is less prevalent?
I have transformed my monthly data with a log and then performing a simple linear regression, and the histogram of residuals appears more normal. Am I correct in doing so?

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Can you get some transparency on those plotted dots so we can better assess the density in the cluster?