What kind of test should I use?

Dear all,

I’m a high school social studies teacher and I was wondering how I can analyze my students’ engagement level with the online platform where students do various homework/assignments (readings, discussion, quiz, etc.…). I’m using Canvas and I can see the variables including the number of pages students view, actions (writing on discussion board, submitting quiz and so on), grade distribution, on-time/late/missing submission. Can anyone help me to design a simple model to research how students engage with the learning website? I believe I can access to SPSS.

- Thanks!

"What kind of test should I use?" Well, that depends on what parameters do you want to test.

I was wondering how I can analyze my students’ engagement level with the online platform
The usual assumption in statistical testing is that you have a sample drawn from a population. But you have your whole population, don't you? These are the students that you are interested in, right? You don't want to infer something from these student to a larger poplation.

So you can analyse it with descriptive statistics.

Unless you are interested in the hypothetical situation of repeating history. The individual students, Dave, Ann and John would have roughly the same results, but there would be some measurement error, which could possibly be of interest.