What test to use in spss

Hello

I have a question to ask regarding data analysis.i'm doing a study title: knowledge, attitude and willingness toward organ donation among intensive care nurses

I'm not sure what type of analysis i should run...

Here are my objective

General objective: to determine the knowledge, attitude and willingness toward organ donation among intensive care nurses

Specific objective:
1. to assess knowledge, attitude and willingness towards organ donation among intensive care nurses

2. To establish a relationship between the various socio demographic data on knowledge, attitude and willingness toward organ donation among intensive care nurses

Your help is really appreciated

Karabiner

TS Contributor
Since you ask which type of analysis to use,
you have already collected your data? What
was your Research design, how were your
variables. measured, and how large is your
sample size?

With kind regards

Karabiner

Since you ask which type of analysis to use,
you have already collected your data? What
was your Research design, how were your
variables. measured, and how large is your
sample size?

With kind regards

Karabiner
------------------------------------------------

Hi Sir,

I'm not collecting my data yet. My research design is cross- sectional study and my variables measured : nominal and ordinal and my sample size is 156 participants

Thank you

Karabiner

TS Contributor
Please describe in detail how your 3 variables were measured, and whether there are additional variables which should be included into the analysis.

With kind regards

Karabiner

Please describe in detail how your 3 variables were measured, and whether there are additional variables which should be included into the analysis.

With kind regards

Karabiner

Hi Sir,

My variables will be measured using a questionnaire and there are no additional variables included in the analysis.

I already attached the questionnaire below.

My initial plan is to use these analyses

To identify socio-demographic data such as age, gender, ethnic groups, religion, marital status, level of education and years of employment status.
Using descriptive analysis

To assess knowledge, attitude, and willingness towards organ donation among intensive care nurses.
t-test will be used to assess knowledge, attitude, and willingness towards organ donation among intensive care nurses.

To establish a relationship between the various socio-demographic data on knowledge, attitude, and willingness towards organ donation among intensive care nurses. One way ANOVA will be used to determine the relationship between the various socio-demographic data on knowledge, attitude, and willingness towards organ donation among intensive care nurses.

thank you

Attachments

Karabiner

TS Contributor
t-test and anova are ok if your sociodemographic variables are categorical and your dependent variable
is interval scaled. In case of intervals scaled sociodemographic variables (such as age or months of
employment), you should use a Pearson correlation. In case of ordinal scaled variables such as
level of education, you could optionally use Spearman's rank correlation.

How the dependent variables are constructed is not always clear to me. The statements in the "attitude"
section seem to be about different topics, so maybe you have two or three different attitude scales,
rather than one.

The "willingness" statement coded as 6 expresses more willingness than the answer coded as "1", so
maybe you should recode "6" into "0" or so. In addition, the "willingness" measure is ordinal scaled rather
than interval scaled, therefore U-test (instead of t-test), Kruskal-Wallis H test (instead of anova) and
Spearman rank correlation would seem appropriate. But maybe your supervisors accept it if you treat the
"willingness" variable as interval scaled.

By the way, is it possible that your supervisors also expect you to apply methods which use several
sociodemographic variables at the same time, to jointly predict the dependent variable (multiple
regression)?

With kind regards

Karabiner

Last edited:

Rosni

t-test and anova are ok if your sociodemographic variables are categorical and your dependent variable
is interval scaled. In case of intervals scaled sociodemographic variables (such as age or months of
employment), you should use a Pearson correlation. In case of ordinal scaled variables such as
level of education, you could optionally use Spearman's rank correlation.

How the dependent variables are constructed is not always clear to me. The statements in the "attitude"
section seem to be about different topics, so maybe you have two or three different attitude scales,
rather than one.

The "willingness" statement coded as 6 expresses more willingness than the answer coded as "1", so
maybe you should recode "6" into "0" or so. In addition, the "willingness" measure is ordinal scaled rather
than interval scaled, therefore U-test (instead of t-test), Kruskal-Wallis H test (instead of anova) and
Spearman rank correlation would seem appropriate. But maybe your supervisors accept it if you treat the
"willingness" variable as interval scaled.

By the way, is it possible that your supervisors also expect you to apply methods which use several
sociodemographic variables at the same time, to jointly predict the dependent variable (multiple
regression)?

With kind regards

Karabiner

Thank you so much Sir. I greatly appreciate your assistance with my question.