Which statistical test should be used to compare categories

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to figure out what the best statistical test is for analyzing and distinguishing between following treatment groups: A, B and C.
I have endpoint: Incidence of hospitalization - total and by reasons (non-cardiac,cardiac,Heart Failure (HF))

Can I use simple chi-squared test or Fisher exact test to compare treatment groups by each reason (if I will be considered each reason as independent event)?
Note that one patient may have several reasons of hospitalisation.

Thanks in advance!

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
You need to better describe your data. So what is the source sample and how big is it? And are there only 3 treatments and how were they assigned? Provide more information and I would be happy to help.

Hello and welcome
Just thinking aloud:
-incidence is a numeric variable, so I think Factorial ANOVA is a reasonable choice.
-Can competing risk analysis be considered?

Best wishes..

Karabiner

TS Contributor
-incidence is a numeric variable, so I think Factorial ANOVA is a reasonable choice.
Occurence of hospitalization is a binary variable (yes/no). Therefore, Chi² sound reasonable.
But as @hlsmith already noticed, there is too little information.

Only the aggregated variable (% hospitalizations, or total number of hospitalizations vs. non-hospitalizations, respectively) is numeric.

With kind regards

Karabiner

You need to better describe your data. So what is the source sample and how big is it? And are there only 3 treatments and how were they assigned? Provide more information and I would be happy to help.
Thank you for your support!

Results look like this:

1668582653480.png

Each treatment group has around 30-33 subjects. And the subjects with events is less than 10. I repeat that one subject may be presence like in non-cardiac category, as in cardiac category.

Thanks in advance!

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
What do you expect the model to generate exactly? Also, all patients are hospitalized? This is still confusing. Describe what is going on. I am interpreting this as, all patients hospitalized, what were there hospitalized for and were they on a treatment a-c.

How were treatments assigned? I feel like once you better articulate what the sample is - we will eventually have questions about what the true denominator is.