Which Stats Test To Use? ~~Desperately seeking help!

Hello internet! I'm concluding data analysis on a social psych study, but I've hit a wall. I don't know which test would be best to analyze this portion of my data (I'm using SPSS for data analysis if that makes a difference), so here's the skinny:

My sample group is made up of musicians, and they were asked to rate their level of experience on a scale of 1-7 as well as label their genre of practice. My test material was a survey that was scored on a numeric scale.

I'm trying to show a correlation between level of experience and increase in survey scores. For the second test I'm trying to show that there's a link between survey score and genre of practice.

For my previous data analysis I'd been using Independent factor T-tests when I was showing correlation between Gender or identification as a musician (yes or no question) and the test scores, but I want to know how all 7 degrees of the musical experience relate and if it's a significant correlation, the same as well for the genre of choice.

What form of test analysis would you use? help I'm so lost >.<

Karabiner

TS Contributor
I'm trying to show a correlation between level of experience and increase in survey scores.
You could perform a repeated measures ANOVA on the survey scores (within-subject factor would be time of measurement), with experience as additional covariate. Don't forget to include the interaction between experience and within-subject factor in the model (this is what you ar interested in most, AFAICS).

For the second test I'm trying to show that there's a link between survey score and genre of practice.
Survey score or difference of survey scores? For the first, you can use oneway ANOVA.

Wih kind regards

K.

"You could perform a repeated measures ANOVA on the survey scores (within-subject factor would be time of measurement), with experience as additional covariate."

On the other question you were dead on with the one-way ANOVA! Thank you!
One more question:
With the increase in experience V survey scores analysis, my study was not longitudinal, so each level of experience is an independent group. Should I use the one-way ANOVA again instead of the repeated measures ANOVA?