Which T-Test tails/types do I use in Excel?

PNG image.png
Hi everyone, I apologise in advance in if I have posted in the wrong thread.

I am trying to perform a t test here where I am using the AssessMark against the SuprtScore, QualScore, SatisfScore and SysBen columns.

As I am using excel to perform the computation, I am not so sure if I am doing it right for I am doing the following:
  • Select AssessMark + SuprtScore column
  • Using the T Test formula in excel but under the type, there is the tails and type that I need to define in which I am unsure of which
    • Formula in Excel is: T.Test(range1, range2, tails, type)
      1 = paired test
      2 = two sample equal variance test
      3 = two sample unequal variance test
  • If I input in the different tails/types, I am also getting different results.
As such, wondering if anyone can provide me with any insights?

katxt

What is the question you are trying to answer?
The t tests are seeing if there is a difference in the mean scores of two sets of marks. It looks as if the AssessMark column is not comparable with the other columns.

What is the question you are trying to answer?
The t tests are seeing if there is a difference in the mean scores of two sets of marks. It looks as if the AssessMark column is not comparable with the other columns.
Hi, so I came up with a conceptual framework in which I derived 3 factors that influence the use of LMS. They are
  • Lack of motivation
  • Lack of software knowledge
  • Not applicable for specific subjects

And so, based on these factors derived, there is a need to use the variables given and see if it supports the factors..

katxt

It sounds like you probably need correlations rather than t tests. Correlation answers questions like "Do subjects with higher (or lower) motivation scores tend to have higher (or lower) LMS use scores?" Is this the sort of thing you want?

It sounds like you probably need correlations rather than t tests. Correlation answers questions like "Do subjects with higher (or lower) motivation scores tend to have higher (or lower) LMS use scores?" Is this the sort of thing you want?
Yes something like that, or to justify the factors I found against the list of variables given.

initially I was planning to do a t test using the AsessMark and the Hours to justify the motivation factor, however I got a negative value though and so, I am now totally unsure if that is the right approach, as I am expecting a positive value I guess

katxt

The t test is used to compare two sets of numbers that could be expected to be the same if there was nothing special going on. There is no way you could expect the average of the hours to be the same as the average of the marks, so a t test is completely the wrong approach.
Google correlation or regression and see if there is anything there for you.