Within-subjects ANOVA not there?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums..

I'm wondering, I need to do a within-subjects ANOVA but under Analyze -> General Linear Model, I don't have Repeated Measures, only Univariate.... I have version 16.0 that I got from my lab.. What's going on?

Dragan

Super Moderator
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums..

I'm wondering, I need to do a within-subjects ANOVA but under Analyze -> General Linear Model, I don't have Repeated Measures, only Univariate.... I have version 16.0 that I got from my lab.. What's going on?

Could you explain more regarding your design.

That is, why do you need to have a within subjects design if you don't have repeated measures?

I do have repeated measures, I meant that the SPSS program doesn't have the "Repeated Measures" button when I go to Analyze -> General Linear Model. Is this a software version thing or something else?

Dragan

Super Moderator
I do have repeated measures, I meant that the SPSS program doesn't have the "Repeated Measures" button when I go to Analyze -> General Linear Model. Is this a software version thing or something else?

I see what you mean now.

You should find it under “Analyze”->“General Linear Model”->“Repeated Measures.”

If you can't find it, you can still run the analysis under the usual univariate GLM.

For example, for a simple repeated measures, enter Y as the dependent variable, your treatment condition as a fixed factor, and enter your subjects variable as a random factor.

Next, customize the model, so you don't run a factorial design. That is, separately enter the treatment factor and the subjects factor but without their interaction....you will get the correct ANOVA summary.