calibration

  1. L

    Calibration set for PLS regression

    Hello everyone, New to this forum and kind of wondering why I hadn't thought to search for one before tonight... I hope a light at the end of the 'searching literature tunnel'. Briefly, I use PLS regression to model spectroscopic measurements of plant material. That's probably neither here...
  2. G

    Error band for calibration correction of an instrument

    I apologize if this is the wrong area to post this. It seems like it could fall into a couple different areas. I have a question about calculating the expected error around a calibration curve for an instrument. I have a calibration curve for a load cell. It was measured at a few different...
  3. M

    Need Help on this question about Ratio of two parameters

    I need help on this question: Suppose we have two independent samples from one population: Global Sample(Xg,Yg) and Local Sample(Xl,Yl) And we have a linear regression model derived from global sample which I call it: GR(X). We are asked to calibrate the global regression model by...
  4. R

    Calibrating time-series simulations / backtests

    Suppose I have a time-series data generating process that I am trying to simulate. The simulations are controlled by 2 discrete variables: −3<= A<=3 and 0<= B<= 10. When backtesting, the simulations perform reasonably well, but I'd like the find the optimal values of A and B for calibration. I...
  5. M

    Physical Sub-Sampling in the Oil Industry

    Greetings All. Newbie here with absolutely no experience with Applied Statistics and a real-world question. I have a 6 inch oil/water pipeline that is flowing 80,000 gallons/day of 95% water. The remaining 5% is oil. There are two techniques used to sub-sample this flowstream to determine the...
  6. L

    Calibration

    Hello everyone. I was looking through this book online: http://193.219.157.231/Vilkas/MatematineStatistika/Knygos/Nolan,%20Speed%20-%20Stat%20Labs%20-%20Mathematical%20Statistics%20Through%20Applications.pdf I was reading through Topic 8, "Calibrating a Snow Gauge". Now I know that one...