probabilistic sampling

  1. Z

    (Solved) Drawback of random sampling - need someone to explain better

    This is what my research skills book mentions: The first few hundred cases selected using simple random sampling normally consist of bunches of cases whose numbers are closer together followed by a gap and then further bunching. For more than a few hundred cases, this pattern occurs far less...
  2. L

    Calculate propability of certain outcome

    So I have a question, these statistics lessons have been such a long time that I'm not sure how to calculate the following: Say that there is a new disease, and I have a test that is 100% reliable. I have tested 100 people, and have found that 3 people got the disease. So from now on this is...
  3. L

    How to get the odds of an event, based on its linear regression analisy?

    As the title say. I have made a linear regression analisy of an event, and I got the concentration of probabilities at a given space of the Graphic (X, Y) ... so how to extract the odds of the event to happen by this linear regression analisy? This is the grahic:
  4. G

    Shared car usage

    Given a pool of C cars available to use by P people, the arrival rate of drivers to borrow cars is r, and the average trip time is t, how often will there be zero cars available for use?
  5. O

    Probabilistic models - clarification on separation of model and solver

    Almost all of the material I read on probabilistic models/ probabilistic programming mentions separating solver and the model, thus stating the benifit that the model can be changed by the user irrespective of the solver. I am a bit hazy about how this benifit comes about only in probabilistic...
  6. O

    Equal chance of random selection when halves of set are balanced?

    Design: For 18 trials numbers (either 0 or 1) are randomly selected, a random portion of the first 9 are 0 and the last 9 are set as the opposite number of 0s. Within the first and last 9 the 0 or 1s are randomly assorted. The numbers are described as being in 3 consecutive groups of 6 called...
  7. H

    Limit in probability of (x-bar)^2 ?

    Anyone have any idea how to prove or show what the limit in probability of (x-bar)^2 is? sample is drawn from CDF F(x)=1-x^-4
  8. P

    Consecutive outcomes of events

    I am trying to figure out the probability for not having consecutive like outcomes from a large sample and can't figure out where to begin. Say for example I have a weighted coin such that heads occurs with 75% probability and tails occurs with 25% probability. If I know that out of 40 coin...
  9. M

    Mix of surveys

    Hello everyone, I have a very limited experience in online research and if you have 1 minute to help me, I will be grateful. Every day I build a probabilistic sample using a list-based sampling frame from a large website accounts list. All these samples have the same volume, 95% confidence...