4 variables, 2 surveys.. how to link? please help!

hi :wave: i have 2 surveys. The data is collected from both managers and subordinates, the first one has just one variable (moderator) and the 2nd has 3 variables (mediator, independent variable and dependent variable )

i have 1 independent variable , 1 moderator, 1 mediator and 1 outcome...

each manager has up to 5 subordinates ... (some have 4, some have 5 and some have 3 subordinates)
Resulting from Surveys, i got two SPSS files one for managers and the other is for subordinates...

the next step would be to link these data somehow and analyse it.

Can anyone please tell me how to link the data of each manager with his subordinate?
What method? and how?
:confused:

Thank you very much guys! :):cool:

Last edited:

Karabiner

TS Contributor
So., first you want to predict managerial DV by managerial IV and managerial mediator;
and then you want to add subordiante moderator variable to the prediction model?
Can anyone please tell me how to link the data of each manager with his subordinate?
What method?
The question is a bit confusing. If you have 1 subordinate for each manager,
why don't you just add the "subordinate moderator variable" to you data file?
I don't know which software you use, but each progranm normally should
permit matching two files. Or, if the number of cases is not too large, you
could even add the subordiante variable by hand.

With kind regards

K.

So., first you want to predict managerial DV by managerial IV and managerial mediator;
and then you want to add subordiante moderator variable to the prediction model?
The question is a bit confusing
Hi there,
thank you for your reply and Sorry about the confusion. I have fixed the question now, hopefully its more clear?

The data is collected from both managers and subordinates, the first one has just one variable (moderator) and the 2nd has 3 variables (mediator, independent variable and dependent variable )
each manager has up to 5 subordinates not just one...
Resulting from Surveys, i got two SPSS files one for managers and the other is for subordinates and I cant figure how to link both surveys?
Each manager and his subordinate were coded as Manager 1 , Subordinate 1a, 1b, 1c, 1,d... to find the relation between each manager and his subordinate among my variables.

All the best, looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you !!