business revenue

1. If a business revenue is up by 13% and a service department opex is up by 3.5 YoY, is the service department getting better or worse YoY. Please provide the thought process behind your answer. How will you go about answering this

2. if we need 5 people to handle calls today, how many people will we need if the business grew by 40% and how much would this cost our department. Give us an example of when you performed such exercise and the way you'd approach something like this

Dason

Ambassador to the humans
Hi! :welcome: We are glad that you posted here! This looks like a homework question though. Our homework help policy can be found here. We mainly just want to see what you have tried so far and that you have put some effort into the problem. I would also suggest checking out this thread for some guidelines on smart posting behavior that can help you get answers that are better much more quickly.

This is what I came up with so far.

Q: If a business revenue is up by 13% and a service department opex is up by 3.5 YoY, is the service department getting better or worse YoY. Please provide the thought process behind your answer. How will you go about answering this

A: The service department is getting better since a business revenue is up more than a service department opex.

Q: Do you have experience with simulation exercises i.e.: if we need 5 people to handle calls today, how many people will we need if the business grew by 40% and how much would this cost our department. Give us an example of when you performed such exercise and the way you'd approach something like this

A: Without knowing more about your business and finances it is a hard question to answer. I would guess if you grow 40% you would need 40% more people and cost would increase 40%. So 2 more people. However you may only need one more person or even no more people. Without having detail it is hard to give an accurate answer."

Please let me know if it looks okay. If you have additional comment, please post it. Thanks.