Calibration

Hello everyone. I was looking through this book online:

http://193.219.157.231/Vilkas/Matem...hematical Statistics Through Applications.pdf

I was reading through Topic 8, "Calibrating a Snow Gauge". Now I know that one method used to go about this problem is through inverse regression. I just have a few questions about this scenario though.

1. It talks about making an instruction sheet for a lab technician on how the snow gauge should be calibrated. What are the specifics that they are looking for? What do you include in this?

2. The equation is generally: y=a + bx + e; where a and b are the estimated parameters and e is the error. But since you can estimate a and b through the least squares method you are able to write the equation as y(hat)=a(hat) + b(hat)x this equation has no error term involved; is this because a(hat) and b(hat) take into account the error term.

3. They also want you to include a graph for determining snow density for a given gain. I know how to get the graph where gain in the response and snow desity is the independent variable. This new graph should just be the inverse of the current, right? How can one get this graph?

Thanks for any help!