How Do I Create a line graph for a three-way interaction with a continuous variable?

I ran a 2 (Time 1, Time 2) X 2 (Prime Type: Secure, Neutral), X (Prime Technique: Implicit, Explicit) X Covariate (Anxiety) Mixed-Subjects ANOVA examining the change in state psychopathy. I have a significant three-way interaction (Time by Type by Anxiety). Anxiety is a continuous variable. Participants score between 1 and 7. Higher numbers indicate more anxiety, lower means less anxiety. The significant interaction indicated participants in one Prime Type condition have a change in state psychopathy from time 1 to time 2, depending on the level of anxiety. I don't know how to graph this into a line graph in order to see where the significance is.

Can anyone help me?

Lazar

Phineas Packard
Re: How Do I Create a line graph for a three-way interaction with a continuous variab

I would graph the two-way for two of the variables at different levels of the third. Guessing from your description I would graph the Time by Type interaction in separate graphs for say 1 SD below the mean of Anxiety, at the mean, and 1 SD above the mean of Anxiety. So you will end up with three different graphs.