how to insert supplementary points in Correspondence Analysis

gianmarco

TS Contributor
Dear All,
I have a problem in performing Correspondence Analysis, and Mintab's help does not help so much.

I have the attached contingency table, and I would like to perform CA, adding the last two rows (coloured in green) as supplementary row profiles.

I do not understand how to fit those rows into the Minitab menù options.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Regards,
Gm

terzi

TS Contributor
Which version of MINITAB are you using? I'm positive that there's a button for supplementary data in MINITAB 15, that allow you to enter both supplementary rows or columns.

gianmarco

TS Contributor
Hi Terzi,

sorry for not replying to you, but I have been out for work and no internet connection.

Thanks for your reply.

I am using minitab 15 and I did not manage to grasp how to insert supplementary points. I managed to do the same thing in Statistica.

Thank you anyway,
regards
Gm

terzi

TS Contributor
Hi again,

It is odd, since there is an option available for that. I would suggest using as input the contingency table from your data, that is, create the table and then introduce it, that way it is easier (at least for me:p) to understand how the program handles the supplementary points.

I attach a snapshot from a Minitab 15 I found (I don't have it). It's a spanish version, but you can see that an option for supplementary data is just there. This windows is accessed through Statistics>>Multivariate Analysis>> Simple Correspondence Analysis. If you had troubles, try pressing the help button, and the example that is included uses a supplementary row.

If that option is not available, please attach a snapshot since it may be a problem with the installation or something.