How to intrepret this Correlation Matrix result from R ?

This is the correlation matrix of Variable 1 against 16 other variables. I have applied the Distance correlation matrix from the R package "Correlation" which I read is suitable for non-linear data. But I am having time interpreting this result as I could not find enough resources on the Distance correlation result interpretation online. Therefore, could someone explain this result to me with the explanation of few variables and the mentioned parameters?

Attachments

I am not familiar with this package or this particular measure of correlation. However: 1) if you explain why are you attempting, it would be more likely that you receive useful comments; 2) without knowing the details about this function, it seems pretty apparent that correlation between variables seem to be virtually 0

hlsmith

Less is more. Stay pure. Stay poor.
Provide a link to the package vignette's PDF.

I agree with @css!

Also, of note, yeah these variables don't seem related to the other variable, which by chance 1 out of twenty could be statistically - it typically doesn't take that large of a sample for confidence intervals to exclude "0" it there is a true underlying association.