I'm stuck: How to 'bin' multiple binary variables and analyze within subject

Hi, I have what feels like it should be a very easy analysis to work out, but I've been trying for hours and I can't figure it out.
I'm using SPSS by the way.
I have 10 different (different objects) binary response variables (yes/no) that I need to turn into two different groups for comparison. Each subject answered each of these ten questions so I need to analyze this within subjects. However, since there was no independent variable, I want to figure out a way to bin these variables and compare the two bins against each other. I tried creating multiple response sets in SPSS but I can't seem to figure out how to use them after the fact. I also thought maybe I would need to restructure the dataset but again I'm not sure how to optimally do that. Finally, I thought maybe I could create new variables based on the counts for each response within each group and subject (so how many said 'yes' in group 1 variables, how many said yes for group two etc) so ending up with 4 new variables. Or create 2 new variables with proportions of yes to no in each.

I feel like there must be an easier way to do this analysis that I'm missing, and that takes into account all of the response variables, while analyzing group differences.

Any thoughts? I would really appreciate it!